Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Star Wars Special Edition Note
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my recycle bin was a kickass death star, but then windows decided to download an automatic update and now its gone back to standard boring recycle bin. How do i get it back? I've gone into settings - personalisation - themes - desktop icon settings, but cant find the icon anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @TomMJ19,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the recycle bin icon . I will be glad to help you.

This is part of the Microsoft Windows software, and the update put back to default.

Here is a link to To change how the Recycle Bin looks.

How to change Theme, Lock Screen & Wallpaper in Windows 10 if it was a Star wars theme.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi there @TomMJ19,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the recycle bin icon . I will be glad to help you.

This is part of the Microsoft Windows software, and the update put back to default.

Here is a link to To change how the Recycle Bin looks.

How to change Theme, Lock Screen & Wallpaper in Windows 10 if it was a Star wars theme.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

i can go where all the icons are to change in recylce bin, becaus mine updated' last night and deathstar icon is not in the computer anymore !!!! heelpppp!!

HP Recommended

thanks for no help i got it myself... star wars control centre and changed in the other icon in the corner there are two one windows and one strange and the strange one gets it back.. thanks for no help hp 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you, Drdragan895, that solved the issue for me. Go to the Star Wars Command Center and click the little Star Wars logo next to the word ICON at the bottom. You can also click the Windows Icon and it will switch betwen Star Wars reycycle bin and the standard Windows recycle bin. 

HP Recommended

The Hp Star Wars Special edition 15.6" laptop- Intel Core i7
 Also came with the Star wars command center .. Click on the star wars command center icon on your desktop screen, after it opens on the bottom left you should see the word Icons.. And to the right of the word icon you should see the windows icon & the death star icon.  Click the death star icon & it should change your recycle bin Back into the death star icon 😉  Hope I was able to help , Take Care ="^T^"=

HP Recommended

Thank you,  reyskywalker, for posting clear directions for a solution!  It's a little thing, but I was uber POd about this issue.  Something like this always seems to happen with updates - makes me leary of doing them  😞

HP Recommended

Thank You Very Much to the  Drdragan895  for the help to get back my death star recycle bin icon...:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.