Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC, F2C52PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am using Hp envy 15 notebook product number F2C52PA#ACJ

Recently i had upgrade to windows 10 home 64 - bit. After upgrade initially finger print login was working but now it's not working anymore. Windows hello fingerprint showing ''we can't find compatible fingerprint scanner''.

I have uninstall fingerprint device driver from device manager and HP simple pass too.

After reinstalling validity driver and hp simple pass, still not working, driver not showing up in device manager too.

Despite struggle to make it work i had to reinstall windows 10 from system image removing all of my files and settings, still nothing under bio metric device in device manager.

Currently installed software and driver for fingerprint as below,

Validity WBF DDK 4.5.228.0 not showing in device manager but showing into installed programs.

HP simple pass 8.01.39

Please help me.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for support..

I followed all the steps but no success thanks anyway for providing updated driver.

I figure out that i have to check hardware itself as it is quite old laptop.

I opened laptop and unplugged ribbon for fingerprint scanner and plug it again.

After this procedure i can see bio matric device in device manager and it start working again.....

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TARIK2,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the finger print scanner is not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that there are no drivers available for Windows 10 for your computer. I recommend you install all the Windows updates and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
  2. Go to settings (gear icon).
  3. Select the Update and Security icon.
  4. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)
  5. Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

If you continue facing the issue, then download and install HP support assistant from the below link and it will automatically download and install all the latest drivers available for your computer.

Here is how it is done.

Download link: http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

6. Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply,

I have followed your given steps but it showing no updates found in HP support assistant & windows up to date in windows update.

please refer attachments for reference.IMG_20200707_162055.jpgIMG_20200707_162251.jpgIMG_20200707_162334.jpg

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@TARIK2

Install the HP Simple Pass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe 

If the issue persists, Please Click here to download the most viable driver for Windows 10  fingerprint reader (if need be) & if your Simple Pass Software isn't working: 

Click here to download a different version of the same software. 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for support..

I followed all the steps but no success thanks anyway for providing updated driver.

I figure out that i have to check hardware itself as it is quite old laptop.

I opened laptop and unplugged ribbon for fingerprint scanner and plug it again.

After this procedure i can see bio matric device in device manager and it start working again.....

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@TARIK2,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.