Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had the same issue on EliteBook 820 G3 and reverted to version 8.10.14.1 of HP- LAN/WLAN/WWAN Switching and Hot Key Service driver as described in posting by Resistencia on 01-01-2022. If there will be no futher post from me, assume it has fixed my problem.

HP Recommended

It doesn't work for me...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on ZBook 15 G3 running Win 10. CPU at 100% and 64GB ram used up. I've rolled back the driver.

HP  -- where are you?

HP Recommended

Hi Resistencia,

Could a bad memory card cause the HP Hotkey UWP Service to consume ones ram and not the other way around?

I ran a check on my ram and one of four 32GB cards is coming up bad.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @DTEKSW 

no, it would just have less memory available, plus if a memory is corrupted it should receive an error.

HP Recommended

Strange why nobody from HP read these discutions. I write here after 4 months when somebody found fix to rollback to previous version, and problem have, i think, another 5 months before. 

So after 9 months HP still cannot fix this issue ... I have HP Zbook G7 and a lot of problems regarding strange resources consumption, CPU overheating, .... a lot of discutions with HP support and nothing...

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

HP already has a fix for this issue, please download the fix at the following link and follow the directions.

Update HP Hotkey UWP Service

HP Recommended

I don't see that HP Hotkey UWP update on the software/driver update page for my Zbook 15 G5. Is my model supported by that update? Would like to hear from others to verify that it's truly fixed. 

HP Recommended

it is not in the list but most probably it is compatible with your la[top, try to update and if necessary revert the driver if it does not work.

https://ftp.ext.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139001-139500/sp139275.cva

HP Recommended

The server does not have the software. I got a not found error. Could they please check the link there? It is eating up my memory of 48 GB and crashed my programs.

celilgunes_0-1649967453234.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.