Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am trying to get rid of unwanted files to declutter my documents folder and cannot determine the origin, use and need for this file:  hp.system.package.metadata.  I would like to delete it but want to dtermine if I will suffer any negative consequences. Any help will be greatly aporeciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @mlall

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are looking for information on hp.system.package.metadata. I will be honest and tell you I don't know what that files does but I do not recommend deleting the file. It could be preinstalled software information and might have unintended consequences if you delete it.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I don't know what you did given the non answer you received, but my practice when encountering these types of folders and files is to a) first search/ask on the Internet, and then, if that doesn't work b) rename the file or folder by placing an "x" in front of the current name.  Then use your PC and network as usual, and if after a few days, nothing bad happens, move the folder to the trash.  Further safeguard: don't empty the trash unless you absolutely need the space (unusual); you can always resurrect the folder/file if need be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.