Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook L9S44AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, so when I unplug the power cable from the laptop it turns off. 

The battery is fully charged and there appears to be no problem there.

When I unplugged it a few days ago it turned off unexpectedly without showing low battery or anything. Then last night when I unplugged the power code from the computer, the computer turned off immediately. When I try to press the power button while the computer is not plugged in, it does nothing but when I plug it back in it works just fine. 

I've tried a few minor power setting options that I read on forums but now have reset back to default options. Still nothing.

I would very much appreciate some help on this issue. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JankP

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

Follow this link, do a quick search with the product number, select the right operating system, and update the BIOS.

Once done, run a test with the battery. 🙂

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey,

I updated the bios but it seems that did not fix the problem, laptop still shuts down

HP Recommended

@JankP I'm the Riddle_Decipher writing on behalf of the @Barachiel as he's away inspecting the clouds & it's thunders...(Away from office).

I've reviewed your post and I'm glad you've installed the BIOS updates, though since the issue persists, I recommend you check with an alternate power cord/adapter as this could be an issue with the charger port or the battery, perhaps, you could reseat the battery as well and then check the below steps:

• Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins (after you've reseated the battery & the adapter)
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, (Right-Click on the Windows button & Select device manager)
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If the issue persists, check my private message for further instructions:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.