Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq - CQ56-153SI
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi HP community i'm experiening this error "the user profile service failed the logon windows 7" so I tried going through the available steps however i've gotten no where. Step 3 is my best option however when i press "add/create new account" it shows the admin password of which i enter correctly but it doesn't show the necessary page even though i've tried a couple of times. I'm stuck, please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

If you have a plain W7 installation disk, and you can read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC's case, you can reinstall W7 and if you do not delete or format any of the partitions on the hard drive, you install Windows over the current installation, and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W7 installs, you can explore the Window.old folder and copy your files to your new user profile.

Then you can delete the windows.old folder.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for the link however I'm still stuck. I'm currently using a standard account with limited access and the administrator account is the one that has a problem. I tried all the steps but none of them seem to work. Step 1 - When i have to rename the S-1-5 files they don't allow me to. It says the files can't be renamed. Step 2 - Since I have limited access, I can't even bypass using my password, the pages don't want to open or show up. Step 3 - after clicking "change settings'' and enter my administrator password, it says "windows cannot find 'Ç\Windows\system32\systempropertiescomputername.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again''

I can't afford to loose all my hard work that's saved on my PC, please help me.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

If you have a plain W7 installation disk, and you can read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC's case, you can reinstall W7 and if you do not delete or format any of the partitions on the hard drive, you install Windows over the current installation, and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W7 installs, you can explore the Window.old folder and copy your files to your new user profile.

Then you can delete the windows.old folder.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

See if this link is of help to you...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947215/you-receive-a-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-lo...

Hi Paul.

Somehow my Laptop has finally allowed me to log-in to my administrator account using safe mode and i've followed the necessary steps and it's now working again. Thanks for all your help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

That is good news you were able to regain access to your PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.