Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need the display adapter/driver for my AMD Radeon HD 6700M driver for DV7t 6c00 A1L97AV from 2012.

The INTEL Graphics HD 3000 is also disabled.

I bought the laptop in 2012.  A month ago, the SSD and HD drives failed.  I bought a new SSD (max size) and installed Win 7 then upgraded to Win 10. The issue is that I never backed up my drivers. HP does not have these legacy drivers on the website.  The Microsoft basic driver sucks.  Max display is 1280x1024 vs. 1920 x 1080 (I think from AMD).  I don't recall.  All pictures are distorted now.  Watching a movie sucks. I also can't control the brightness of the screen.

I found a couple of drivers on the net, but each crashed the laptop upon installation.  In each case, I needed to reinstall windows.  I should have downloaded the driver package from HP years ago for safe keeping. In any event, HP must have these but they won't share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't believe that upgrading to W11 will make things better.

Your notebook does not meet the W11 hardware requirements, so if you want to try out W11 you would have to use one of the tricks out there to bypass the W11 hardware checks.

This way is the easiest in my opinion...

Solved: Upgrade CPU Intel 7 to intel 8 - HP Support Community - 8300175

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook was never supported by HP for W10, and no W10 drivers were ever developed for the AMD/Intel switchable graphics your notebook has.

The newest AMD/Intel switchable graphics driver for your notebook is for W8 64 bit, and I don't believe that it works on W10.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59850.exe

If you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC's case, I recommend you reinstall W7 since that is a supported operating system.

I can give you a link for the W7 Home Premium ISO file download if you can read the product key.

HP Recommended

I agree.  I've been to the AMD website for the latest 6700M driver for W10.  It will not install.  I think I need the legacy AMD Radeon 6700M for Win7.

After my upgrade a few years ago to W10 though the offer from MS, all was fine.  Both the AMD and INTEL devices/drivers worked.  After my drives crashed and installing the new SSD, W7 then upgrade to W10 (using the current website W10 upgrade files), both of the video adapters (INTEL 3000 and AMD 6700M) are set to code 22 (i.e., device disabled).

I have my W7 disk and key. Will the W7 ISO file have the old AMD and INTEL drivers? 

HP Recommended

If you clean install W7 you will get a bare OS without any software or drivers.

However, you can install the W7 drivers you need from the support page at the link below.

HP Pavilion dv7-6c00 Entertainment Notebook PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer S...

Now it is very important that you only install this W7 custom AMD/Intel graphics driver which installs both devices.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55092.exe 

Here is the link to the W7 Home Premium 64 bit English (US) ISO file.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/A/8/EA804D86-C3DF-4719-9966-6A66C9306598/7601.24214.180801... 

The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

Use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55092.exe

HP Recommended

Paul,

Sorry just saw your reply.  I'm not getting email notices of updates to this thread.

Do you know how I can turn on email notifications of updates to this thread?

Will 55092 work after I upgrade to W10? 

I mentioned that I have already installed W7 and upgraded to W10.  I think I I may have tried to install 55092 before (not sure) with W10 running.  This caused the PC to crash causing me to start the install from scratch again with W7.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Message replies are turned on by default.

Sometimes the messaging system doesn't work and probably that is what happened.

One other person told me the same thing this morning.

That driver is only going to work on W7 and then if you click on the blue Update Now button at the link below, to upgrade back to W10, hopefully the graphics drivers will carry over.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If not, I recommend you use your notebook on W7 until you can replace it.

You can use Microsoft Edge on W7, and from what I have tested, Windows Defender still works to keep the antivirus updated.

Do you need me to send you a new link for W7 64 bit?

HP Recommended

the link to HP Pavilion dv7-6c00 Entertainment Notebook PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer S... tells me nothing found for my device.  Do I need this link or only sp55092.exe  for installing the AMD/INTEL drivers?

I don't think I need the Win7 link.  I have the W7 Home Premium disk unless you think the link files will give be a better chance of the W7 drivers installing.

you said"If not, I recommend you use your notebook on W7 until you can replace it."  Do you mean replace the laptop?

HP Recommended

You can use the W7 disk but you will most likely have issues trying to run updates, unless you just plan on going right to W10.

When you click on the support page, you get this...

You have to click on the link above and slightly to the left of the 'We were unable to find drivers for your product' message, and click on the  'Choose a different OS' link and then a window opens.

On the left side, you select Windows from the drop down menu and on the right you select W7 or W8 to get the drivers.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1643068029226.png

HP Recommended

I have an image backup that i created before installing the new SSD.  When I started the laptop with the new SSD (blank/wiped), the screens took me to an option to install from a backup image external HD.  The laptop could not see the HD connected through the USB.  The laptop will recognize the USB stick.  If I could install the image, I assume that I would be back to where I was with my drivers.

HP Recommended

Yes, if you can install the image on the SSD, you should be right back where you were, but I would not be able to help you with that.

I use Macrium Reflect to do my system image backups, and it has worked every time but once when I had to restore an image.

Since that one time didn't work, I had to clean install Windows and install my programs and files.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.