Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac120tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I formatted my laptop and then reinstalled Win8.1 but I lost all the drivers that have been installed when i bought the product. Most of the drivers were replaced when i updated my windows. Some drivers like AMD graphics driver, Realtek audio player were not installed. Where can i find this drivers and also give me some guidelines to install this drivers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W8.1 drivers from the 15t-ac000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/7777391/model...

You want the AMD and Intel graphics drivers.  Install the Intel one first, restart the PC, and then install the AMD one and restart the PC.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp71257.exe

This package provides the AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode.

File name: sp71254.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W8.1 drivers from the 15t-ac000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/7777391/model...

You want the AMD and Intel graphics drivers.  Install the Intel one first, restart the PC, and then install the AMD one and restart the PC.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp71257.exe

This package provides the AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode.

File name: sp71254.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks dude, your post helped me a lot.....Hope I got my notebook back.And in addition there is one more problem. Since then I formatted my notebook, the touchpad doesn't work properly. The mouse pointer tends to shake a lot when I use it with touch pad. If i connect a wireless mouse then the pointer works perfectly. Hope you could suggest me a solution

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, if you installed the touchpad driver and that didn't take care of the problem, I wouldn't know what you need to do to fix that issue.

You can also use the W10 driver from your 120 tx notebook's support page, as that probably includes the W8.1 drivers included in the file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.