Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

drzhiv,

I have a very close relative who works in the computing division of HP as an electrical engineer. I mentioned this advertising and reality disconnect to him regarding the stylus and the HP OLED version of the Spectre a few months ago. He had to do some digging, but eventually found the official specs on the OLED screen. As I recall at that time the screen manufacturer had not integrated the stylus capabilities onto the OLED screen. That may have changed by now. (I had ordered a fully loaded Spectre x360 OLED with a HP stylus and verified that they were not compatible. Thankfully, HP took the laptop back without any issues.) The stylus capabilities may be available now, but I have not re-asked about it.

HP Recommended

Different Spectre x360 models come with different screen technologies.  Legend has it that the 2017 ones come with their own stylus, which is compatible with the surface ones.  

I have the 2015 model which is compatible with Synaptics.  There are only two pens I am aware of that work with it.  The HP Active Pen and the Dell Pen.  (They look pretty much the same - one has a hp logo on it and another has a dell logo on it). The pens have a reliability problem though and stop working after a month or so, even if you change the battery it makes no difference.

Hoping the Dell Bamboo Smart works with it though... yet to find out - might order it now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.