Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 14ce3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using Sky go and another app that seem to open on monitor 2 regardless of if that monitor is connected or not. I have ensured the app is dragged to the laptop screen before closing but this has no effect. I have dragged and disconnected the second screen and the app stays on the laptop screen until I close and reopen and back to screen 2 it goes.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PW434

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow next steps.

Configure the display with Windows

Extend or duplicate the desktop with a second monitor.

1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop, and then click Display settings (Windows 10) or Screen Resolution (Windows 8).

2. Make sure the correct number of monitors displays.

Windows 10

Windows 8

Selecting screen resolution, display,  and orientation

• If all of your monitors display, continue with these steps.

note:Two monitors might display as one, with 1|2 in the center, indicating the same screen duplicated on two monitors. To change to an extended desktop display, continue with these steps.
    • If not all of your monitors display, make sure the cables are securely inserted, and then click Detect.

3. Scroll down to Multiple displays, if necessary, click the drop-down menu, and then select a display option.

To set up a wireless monitor, click Connect to a wireless display.

If you cannot change the display options, go to the section to Configure the display with the graphics driver.

4. Adjust the screen resolution and orientation, as necessary.

5. Extended desktop only: Match the monitors on the display to how they are physically positioned. To identify the monitors, click Identify. Numbers display on the monitors to help you arrange them.

6. Windows 10: Click Keep changes, if necessary, to save the new display settings.

Windows 8: Click Apply, and then click OK.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.