Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13t-aw100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13t-aw100

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Been having audio/video getting out of sync issues with my new Spectre x360. On Netflix, YouTubeTV, Hulu, Disney+ and CBS All Access, whether in Chrome, Firefox or Edge (YouTubeTV doesn't run in Edge) the video and audio will start out being in sync but after about 15-30 minutes, the audio will start to get in front of the video. The same issue happens in Zoom video conference! It happens when using the built-in display and happens when it's plugged into a monitor or TV with HDMI. 

There are many threads on the HP Community and the internet that I scoured and I have tried all the fixes (I've reinstalled audio and video drivers, changed audio driver to Microsoft, etc.) but nothing works.

I finally just reformatted to factory install and the issue persists. Help me please. 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Were you able to solve it?

HP Recommended

No, I did not solve this problem. Since it is still happening after a complete factory reset with no other software installed I can only conclude that either the hardware is faulty or the drivers are bad. Which doesn't help narrow it down much. There are no newer drivers available that I can find. 

This is very frustrating and completely unacceptable. 

HP Recommended

I have found that, at least for Netflix, using the Windows app avoids the problem. It's still really a huge problem though. If you figure out a fix, please post it here. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@SitcomAudience @mullymt

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Go to Windows Device Manager > Soundvideo and game controllers section. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High-Definition Audio. ... Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@SitcomAudience

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@SitcomAudience

Let's try audio driver roll back. 

1. Open Device Manager. 
  2. In Device Manager, locate Audio input and outputs.
  3. Right-click on the Audio device and choose Properties. 
  4. Select the Driver tab.
  5. Select the Roll Back Driver button.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help. I attempted to roll back the driver as instructed but there was no ability to roll back the Audio Inputs and Output driver. As I've mentioned previously, I am on a practically new HP Spectre x360 Convertible laptop that I factory reset back to install conditions so rolling back drivers will probably not be the solution.

HP has been unresponsive to my support ticket that I submitted on May 21. I very much appreciate your help in trying to solve this problem, @Echo_Lake.

This computer was delivered on April 14th and it has had this issue since day one. I reset it to factory a couple weeks later because I thought it was due to software conflict. I have tried everything I can think of. It has to be a driver problem but there are no newer drivers available. Even though I like this laptop, I will have to send it back for a full refund if this issue cannot be solved.

HP Recommended

@SitcomAudience

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.