Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Laptop 15q-ds1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i am clicking on Battery Saver icon in Notifications & Actions , it is not working  i.e. i am unable to enable/disable the icon. But when I am going to settings and enabling the battery saver, it is working fine.

I am facing this problem since past 2-3 days only , before that it is working fine.

All the updates are up to date as of now in my pc. Model Number : HP Laptop 15q-dS1001TU

Please help in solving my issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Sanjana_Sagi Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Battery Saver Icon not working on Notifications & Actions.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196 ,

I have tried the below steps as mentioned in your answer, but still my issue exists.

I have checked updates in the system and updated , after that also problem is not resolved. 

Please help me in resolving the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Sanjana_Sagi

I understand your concerns.

This could be caused by incorrect Power plan settings. You can run the Power troubleshooter to scan and fix issues with the Power settings. To do this follow the steps below:

1. On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot, and then hit Enter.
  2. Under Find and fix other problems, select Power. Click Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, you can consider resetting the Power plan settings to default. Here's how:

1. On the Start menu, type Command Prompt. Right-click the result and then choose Run as administrator.
  2. Type or copy this command and hit Enter.
        powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
  3. Exit Command Prompt.
  4. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196 ,

I have tried the below steps as mentioned in your answer, but still my issue exists.

I have checked updates in the system and updated , after that also problem is not resolved. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Sanjana_Sagi

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196 ,

Thank you

HP Recommended

I tried resetting the device and this also didn't work in resolving my issue.

let me know can I raise the issue in any portal,to get my issue  resolved

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Sanjana_Sagi

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.