Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So one day after not using my laptop for about 2 weeks the screen was black so I connected the hdmi to a tv and then I could see, when trying to fix the black screen on the main screen I disabled graphics driver and now I can’t see anything at all including when connected to hdmi help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@iineptunev 

Why would you think disabling the graphics driver would fix anything?  IF you have disabled video, you could be STUCK -- as without that, you are not going to be able to see the desktop in order to re-enable the video drivers.

What MIGHT work is booting from external media -- but you will need a working PC and USB stick to make the bootable media.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to boot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!

If you NOW see a screen, then try to reinstall the video drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@iineptunev 

Why would you think disabling the graphics driver would fix anything?  IF you have disabled video, you could be STUCK -- as without that, you are not going to be able to see the desktop in order to re-enable the video drivers.

What MIGHT work is booting from external media -- but you will need a working PC and USB stick to make the bootable media.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to boot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!

If you NOW see a screen, then try to reinstall the video drivers.

HP Recommended

This is confusing and a YouTube video told me it would flicker and then eveything would go back to normal, thank you for helping, I will try this in the morning and if it doesn’t work, I’ll just cry myself to sleep for the next 12 months while saving up money to buy a new computer. 😕

HP Recommended

Is there any possible way that I could hard reset, without seeing the display and I also do not have a removable battery so...

HP Recommended

@iineptunev 

I already mentioned something that might work using a bootable USB stick you make on another PC.

If you provide me the specific model number of the laptop, I'll look to see if I can find the HP drivers page -- and provide you the link to that.

Then, when you boot your PC from the USB stick, since it will be using DEFAULT video drivers, you should see a screen, and yo can then use that link to go to the HP page, download your video drivers, and install them/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.