Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
7FU54UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

This is 2nd day since yesterday that I see this black transparent spot on the screen as soon as I start my laptop. Ive clicked some pics to help me describe the issue better. On restarting it goes away but since happened consecutively Im concerned. 

My latop is hardly a month old and used very rarely. Probably every alternate day for an hr and half. Please help me to know 

what the reason could be and advise . 

Regards

Jeremias Dsilva 

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-19 at 12.25.06 AM (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-10-19 at 12.25.06 AM.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Jeremias_Dsilva

Welcome to HP support community.

Check whether the issue persists in BIOS

Restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS.

Meanwhile:

Update the Bios and Graphics card driver using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I got into the BIOS but the dark patch doesn't appear there.

The dark patch comes up normally after I wake up the laptop from sleep and then goes away after a restart again.

The driver updated in the HP assistant show ' Upto Date'

Attached is the pic of the BIOs and the HP Assistant screen BIOS Screen 2019-10-22 at 8.11.57 PM.jpeg2019-10-22 (3).png

HP Recommended

@Jeremias_Dsilva

How long were you on BIOS?

If it wasn't long, considering this is an intermittent issue, stay on BIOS for an entire day and ask someone to observe it to check if the patch appears on it?

And if it doesn't appear on bios, its a software issue

Create a new user account and check if that works?

1. Choose Start→Control Panel and in the resulting window, click the Add or Remove User Accounts link. The Manage Accounts dialog box appears.
  2. Click Create a New Account. ...
  3. Enter an account name and then select the type of account you want to create.
  4. Click the Create Account button and then close the Control Panel.

If it doesn't, use this link to reinstall windows: Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was on the BIOS page for 8 hrs today. Tried putting the laptop sleep and then back on to the BIOS. Not a single instance of the black patch that I noticed today.  When exited the BIOS to respond to this forum it was fine but I soon as I woke up the laptop after 2 - 3 minute sleep, the patch appeared.

Will continue trying to be on the BIOS page.

Should I try out something else to troubleshoot this? 

HP Recommended

@Jeremias_Dsilva

If you've been on BIOS page for 8hrs and it didn't appear but it does when you resume sleep, it could be an issue with either the graphics card, please reinstall the drivers and update them from HP webste

If the issue persists, reset windows using the steps in this link: Click here

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I just found the page of the drivers but I see 2 options. Could you help out on which one I need to download.

The url is here (Pic attached too)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-dy0000-laptop-pc/27336967/model/29771024?sku=...

Are there any steps for me to follow Eg: Unistall the existing driver etc ) or do I simply run the set up file once downloaded.2019-10-24.png

HP Recommended

@Jeremias_Dsilva

If the issue doesn't occur on BIOS, and you've confirmed it, you may want to back up all personal data and perform a recovery using the steps in this link: Click here
We've already installed all the updates, so that's not an option. If you've already reinstalled windows and yet, issue persists, contact HP

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope tat helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Im a bit confused with the solution provided here. 

You'd mentioned that since it didnt occur in the BIOS page, its a driver issue and i need to reinstall the driver thus downloaded the driver. Do i still reinstall it or not. 

Also now do i reinstall windows or not or

Do i contact HP support.

Regards 

Jeremias Dsilva 

HP Recommended

@Jeremias_Dsilva

I request you to talk to HP support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.