Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
13t-ae000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 10 months top of the line HP Spectre x360 13t (8th gen i7, 16GB memory, 1TB SSD, 4K display, W10 Pro) had started to actup from the day I unboxed it.  The screen was flickering at random times.  I called HP customer Support, but they were not able to correct the issue, specially as the issue showing randomly.  Overtime, I managed to get use to this sxcreen flickering at times. 

Then since few days ago, I noticed that, if I'm working on the laptop and restart it, I get a black screen.  The laptop actually starts, but the screen stays black all the time.  I'm convinced this is due to overheating, because this laptop always gets really hot-surfing the web makes the fans come at full speed-.  I called HP support last night.  The representative troubleshooted my laptop for about 2 hours, but couldn't fix the black screen issue when I restart the laptop.  A service order was created to get my laptop repaired.  It's going to cost me 10 days without of a computer!  Hopefully they'll get repaired for good...  not just reset the OS.

It's sad to say that I'm coming from a 2010 MacBook Pro that I used everyday for 8 years and NOT one single issue

I'm now disappointed about this switching to HP, but I realize I'm lucky that this black screen came during my laptop's one year warranty.  I knew the screen flickering on day one was NOT a good sign.  I also found a lot of reviews on the web (Google, Amazon, HP, etc.) of people having the same black screen issue with their HP Spectre x360 within 1 to 2 years.  Be aware. 😉

Nov 16 2018 update: 

My HP Spectre x360 13t (8th gen i7, 16GB memory, 1TB SSD, 4K display, W10 Pro) came back from repairs and guess what?  The screen is dark all the time now.  I know what to think about the reliabitily of this tablet.  Now I also know how good HP repairs is.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PJG972

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.
Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.