Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop - 15-ep0010nr
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to learn about my issue.

1. When I use the video option during a Zoom class, it just shows a black screen. I don't get any error messages from the Zoom app. The audio part is fine, btw.

2. When I try using the camera to take pictures, I get this error code: 0xA00F292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>

3. When I try using the camera to make a video, it states "Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path".

4. The camera privacy flap/button works fine, and I understand how to use it.

5. I discovered this issue at the beginning of 2022 when I started Spring classes. My instructors for that semester didn't require students to show live video of ourselves, thankfully. I was too busy to figure out what was going on.

6. I tried to research on here and find a solution before making a post, but I wasn't sure what steps to take because I couldn't find someone with the same computer and same issues. 

Note: My computer says my product is an HP Envy Laptop 15-ep0xxx; however, this website's detector says something a little different. They probably mean the same thing, but I thought I would still mention it.

Thank you very much for helping me out, if you are able to. I hope that this is an easy fix before the Fall semester. If not, then I hope that my new instructors are as cool as the last semester.

~Jennifer
23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hello @gnarlywoo 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

Have you upgraded your operating system from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

The first problem is that HP does not have official drivers for Windows 11

Try this ...

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.08 Rev.A12.3 MBMay 23, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2Reboot

(3) Install/Update

Go here -> Intel Chipset Device Software for Windows 11

Instructions:

- Download and unzip Chipset-Win10_Win11-x.zip
- Execute SetupChipset.exe

ub6424_0-1658904799028.png

(4Reboot and test again ... 

(5) Please report your results

HP Recommended

First, thank you for taking the time to try and help me. It's greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, I still have the same error messages as before when I try using the camera and video features. 

I don't know if this is worth noting, but it's like the camera tries to take a photo or film, but there isn't an image for it to capture. It's always a black screen. 

Thanks, again!

~Jennifer
HP Recommended

Hello @gnarlywoo 

I do not want to reinvent the wheel, so look here:

HP PCs - Troubleshoot the webcam (Windows 11)

Take time and dive into )

Please report your results

HP Recommended

I have been going through the troubleshooting page, thanks!

Do you perhaps know what the name of my webcam would be? I am having a hard time locating it. Thanks.

~Jennifer
HP Recommended

Hello @gnarlywoo 

Follow this clear guide, here most problems with a camera are shown and explained how to solve them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMSrYn3MJRY&ab_channel=WindowsChimp

Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hello!

So I have been trying to fix my webcam issue in my spare time. I am most likely going to have to take it to a professional. However, something interesting occurred when I was trying out an external webcam; after plugging in the Logitech webcam into the left USB port (when facing my laptop and using it), my actual webcam in the laptop started working! I thought it was the external one initially, but I could see myself under the Camera app after unplugging the Logitech webcam. Unfortunately, after closing out and restarting the Camera app, it was a black screen once more. And I was unable to recreate what happened. 

The Logitech webcam does work on my laptop, though. I just switch out of front-facing view, and then it starts to work. I am pretty sure I will be able to use the external webcam in my upcoming Zoom classes. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me all of that helpful information. Even if I couldn't fix my laptop's webcam, I certainly learned a lot along the way.

~Jennifer
HP Recommended

@gnarlywoo wrote:

... I was trying out an external webcam; after plugging in the Logitech webcam into the left USB port (when facing my laptop and using it), my actual webcam in the laptop started working!

There is little hope to get the webcam running, the key will be the windows <device manager>. Disconnect the logitech webcam and check if you can see the (HP) webcam device. Send me a screenshot, please.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2022-08-06 134009.jpg

~Jennifer
HP Recommended

Double click <HP Wide Vision HD Camera>

ub6424_0-1659815087780.png

Send screenshot of popup window

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.