Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15z-ab100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My step-mother has a pink line across the middle of the screen and below that the screen is flickering.  It sounds to me like a bad cable between the motherboard and screen or an issue with the graphics but figured I'd check to see if someone was aware of another possible cause before she looks at getting it repaired.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

The flickering screen is almost always related to the display cable (connecting display and motherboard). Rarely it could be video card or the display. In all cases the device will need to be opened/tested and inspected by service technicians.

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

The flickering screen is almost always related to the display cable (connecting display and motherboard). Rarely it could be video card or the display. In all cases the device will need to be opened/tested and inspected by service technicians.

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.