Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ed0013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

When I turn on the camera whether it’s the one that came with the laptop or through Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc, the image is grey/white. I run my finger across it and it can sense the light shifting. But no image. And before you ask no it’s not the privacy screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the camera. I uninstalled and reinstalled updates. I don’t know what to do at this point. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HunzaP

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: Microsoft System Restore

1. In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

Creating a restore point

System Properties opens with the System Protection tab selected.

2. On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.

Selecting System Restore on the System Protection tab

The System Restore window opens.

3. Click Next.

The System Restore window, with Next circled in red

4. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.

The confirmation window opens.

5. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

The Confirm your restore point System Properties window, with Finish selected

6. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

The warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

7. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.