Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

From 2-3 weeks the camera of my laptop is not working !! It shows black screen on opening and when I click on capture button it shows error code a00f4292 <photocapturestarttimeout> . I have already tried so many methods but none of them seemed to work 😞 Also I bought my laptop 3 months ago 😞 Please pls pls help me pls I will be very sad if my camera does not work 😞 PLEASE HELP REPLY

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @Adityan 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

or

press [winkey] + r

( run command )

msinfo32

copy / paste the System SKU value

msinfo32msinfo32

HP Recommended

System SKU : 637X2PA#ACJ

Pls Reply ASAP

HP Recommended

Hello @Adityan 

Is there any camera device visible in windows <device manager> ? Please check

Like this ?

ub6424_0-1656974611355.png

best regards

HP Recommended

YES THE CAMERA IS VISIBLE AND IT SHOWS THAT IT IS WORKING PROPERLY BUT AFTER OPENING CAMERA IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL . IT DOES NOT WORK IN ZOOM OR MEET EITHER. PLS REPLY ASAP. THANKS.

HP Recommended

Hello @Adityan 

Please take time and dive into this guide:

HP PCs - Troubleshoot the webcam (Windows 11)

Please report your results

HP Recommended

SORRY BUT THAT GUIDE DIDN'T HELP ME !! I AM NOT SURE THAT WHAT IS REASON FOR MY WEBCAM NOT WORKING

HP Recommended

Hello @Adityan 

The webcam is mounted internally above the screen. It can happen that the webcam wires to the motherboard are broken. Thus, the problem cannot be solved with software and driver installations. In this case, <service> is required. Notebook and screen have to be disassembled. Wires and webcam have to be checked and replaced in case of an error.

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support

HP warranty expired:

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Cheap solution:

use external USB webcam

Good luck

HP Recommended

Bro, now listen carefully. First, My laptop is new, it has never been hit hard or never faced some accidental things, Second, recently I read some post where user had written to change the resolution of camera app to make it work, and I did it , and it worked, but for that time only. From then whenever I try to change resolution it still doesn't work. I think its not hardware issue. Pls Reply.

HP Recommended

Hello @Adityan 

The constant opening and closing of the notebook moves the screen and webcam wire. If the wire was laid too tightly during production, it can break. I have now explained this in more detail.

All the best

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.