cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can my USB-C port connect to an HDMI monitor?

HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1013ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought an HP Notebook 15-dy1013ca.  I would like to use 2 monitors with it.  The laptop comes with 1 HDMI port and 1 USB-C.  I assumed (wrongly) that the USB-C port could go to a monitor via a USB-C to HDMI adapter cable.  I bought a cable but it did not work.

Before I invest more time, effort and $ I was hoping I could find out if my USB-C supports video out.  I tried to open a support case with HP but was told that I should pay for SmartFriend assistance - which seems rather ridiculous.

Appreciate any info provided

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,014 23,904 1,321 1,406
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ahrimourn

Welcome to the HP support community.

According to the specification USB type-c in this notebook does not support video output.

Here is the link for notebook specifications:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation