Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

After consulting with HP sales to ensure compatibility, I purchased a Thunderbolt G2 dock because my Dell dock that had worked for years would only output if one and only one display was plugged in.  Plugging in the second made both unavailable and Windows reports it could not find either.  Removed the old Dell from the system.  The new HP dock fails just like the old Dell (and has fewer ports).   

I have updated  Thunderbolt Control Prog, NVDIA G2 drivers and HP's version of Intel's UHD display drivers but I cannot apply HP SP113453.  It fails.

I can run USB, ethernet and one display through the dock and it is charging the laptop.  Both external displays are Dell E2417H, one using the DP, one using VGA.  This worked on Dell dock for years.  Until it didn't about three (?) weeks ago.  

I am running Win 10 build 19042 and BIOS Version/Date AMI F.31, 05/20/19.  HP Assistant says there are no updates required.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@hainep 

HP has few options for Thunderbolt G2 dock. None of them is compatible with your machine. Please check again on the following list (from page 39).

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Huh.  Well... it certainly was useful to check with HP sales before I bought it so this wouldn't happen...  I can attach the chat but why bother, eh?  time to get money back.  I spent a day on this so thanks for saving me from flailing even longer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.