Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-BW692UR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Laptop 15-BW692UR
Hello! My laptop model HP 15-BW692UR graphics problems, incorrectly displayed driver for Radeon 530. In this regard, there are problems with the graphics performance. I downloaded the drivers from the official Radeon website and the graphics are displayed as Radeon R7 340M, after which the driver was reinstalled to the HP sp79982 driver, the graphics is displayed as Radeon 535DX. What do I need to set to display graphics as Radeon 530 specified in my product.
I updated the BIOS with the sp96845 driver to version F. 51, it does not help.
===============================
Здравствуйте! У моего ноутбука модели HP 15-BW692UR проблемы с графикой, некорректно отображаются драйвера для Radeon 530.
В связи с этим возникают проблемы с производительностью графики. Я скачивал драйвера с официального сайта Radeon и графика отображается как Radeon R7 340M, после чего драйвера переустанавливал на драйвера HP sp79982, графика отображается как Radeon 535DX. Что мне нужно установить чтобы графика отображалась как Radeon 530 указанную в моем товаре.
Я обновил BIOS драйвером sp96845 до версии F.51, это не помогает

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Yaroslav3,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

The Graphics driver could be a series. It should reflect as 530 but if it reflects as 535 it should still work if you are choosing the correct graphics driver to install.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook

Before power resetting your computer, do the following:

1. Disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. Start up the laptop and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.

2. Turn over the computer and look for a battery compartment door.

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Once done, restart the computer and check.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers from device manager:

Display drivers:

Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10

Select Device Manager.

Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, and graphics card drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the HP Support Assistant from the control panel and then reinstall the latest version.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! Before starting this topic, I tried to install this driver without updating the BIOS, I first installed the drivers from the official AMD site, then removed them from safe mode to the basic graphics adapter, then installed the drivers from the HP list for my laptop model. After this did not help I updated the BIOS with an official update downloaded from the same list to the latest version of F. 51 I do not think that rollback the BIOS to previous version and repeating the same action a second time will solve my problem😐
I do not understand why the characteristics of the laptop is Radeon 530 and shows Radeon 535DX. I don't know if it works right or not.😢

HP Recommended

To resolve this issue, download the driver from Windows Updates or manually check for driver updates in Device Manager.

To update the driver with Windows Update:

1. Connect the computer to the internet.
  2. Click on Start.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select Update & security.
  5. Select Windows Updates.
  6. Select Check for updates.
  7. Windows Update will download and install the drivers automatically.

To update the driver in Device Manager:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Locate the AMD VGA device.
  3. Right click on the AMD VGA device.
  4. Select Update Driver Software.
  5. Follow the on onscreen instructions to update the driver.
  6. Close Device Manager when the driver update is complete.

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I followed your instructions I received the following message from the system: Windows has determined that the most appropriate driver for this device is already installed. More appropriate drivers can be found in Windows update or on the device manufacturer's website. In the end the driver remain 535DX Radeon not Radeon 530.
P.S.
At first, I installed the HP Support Assistant program and it did not solve my problem, after which I manually installed the latest updates for my device from your site, after which I checked the latest updates for Windows (version 1903) and repeated all the steps. I'm tired and do not see the solution, the forum has a lot of topics on Radeon 530 and not one has no solution.😐

HP Recommended

@Yaroslav3

I suggest you download and run the AMD Auto Detect Tool

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-131

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! I did everything according to the instructions in the link.The program AMD Auto Detect Tool installed me a driver that I have seen before, this is AMD R7 M340 instead of Radeon 535DX, the characteristics of the Radeon R7 340 are completely different, I have already installed these drivers and wrote about it in this topic. This is absolutely not what I need, we are walking in a circle, you are incompetent and are not able to offer me a solution. I'm tired of repeating the same steps to return from Radeon R7 M340 back to Radeon 535DX I again had to remove some drivers and install in their place the other from safe mode - graphics Radeon 530 did not appear. I think in the notebook discrete card Radeon 530 just is not and never was. Product description is made by mistake, on your website a lot of topics about Radeon 530 and no one has a solution.😓

P.S.
Please don't ask me to perform actions that you're not sure you're wasting my time. Just say that Radeon 530 just not in my laptop and company have lied to me in the specifications of the laptop and we will close this topic.

HP Recommended

@Yaroslav3,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.