Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i have downloaded Catalyst Control Center several times but it is still not working. I have Paviliion dv6-6120se, AMD radeon hd 6490M and built-in intel GPU hd 3000  both GPUs is working fine but the problem started when i uninstalled the Catalyst Control Center in order to get a new updated one from AMD website. But the AMD site said my version of radeon hd 6490M is not supported anyway i have tried everything i uninstalled the ATI GPU driver and install it again. Somehow I downloaded Catalyst Control Center the and the installation finished and the same problem it is still not working. Please any help would be appreciated. Now i lost the Catalyst Control Center and the switchable graphics config. help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As you have switchable graphics, you will need to download and install the customized driver from HP - it's on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55092.exe

After the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

As you have switchable graphics, you will need to download and install the customized driver from HP - it's on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55092.exe

After the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thanks so much i really do appreciate your solution. It worked perfectly.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and I'm glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Doesn‘t work for me. Just results in a blue screen error at every boot. HP graphics drivers are outdated and unreliable.
HP Recommended

I also have a dv6 6047 cl. My exact error message is Catalyst Control Center Host has stopped working. I downloaded you driver (55092 i believer). I am still getting the same message. I had to save it in the default folder. I could not find the folder for the original installation - I would have written over it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Do you have two GPUs (switchable graphics card)?

HP Recommended

hy. my laptop is hp pavilion g6 2011sq. error message is Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center. I installed the driver from here http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

not working.

what should I do?

HP Recommended

help me please

HP Recommended

can the same download from the provided link work for my pavilion dv6-3110se.If not please assisit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.