Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi!  I can't quite remember what the 'provided link' was as it has been a awhile and I haven't had any problems since.

Can you give me any additional info (the link)?   My laptop came with ATI pre-installed so the download actually upgraded the software.  I not a tech and I do not want to give you bad info so please be sure to post your question, with more details,

so you can receive expert advice.  The download worked for me because my laptop already had the existing

capability.  Let me know how your doing!

HP Recommended

After many hours trying to uninstall & reinstall ATI CCC - this finally makes sense, however the install fails - seems to be the Microsoft Visual Redistributable etc....

I may not have fully removed all previous AMD - my processor is AMD so AMD removal progrms may cause trouble.

Any suggestions.

Thx

HP Recommended

Greetings @help_me_plzz

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking for switchable graphics for your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

What is the OS installed on your computer?

The best way to make sure you have the right drivers on your computer is by using HP Support Assistant. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using HPSA to update the drivers. 

For assistance in using Switchable graphics, please refer to this HP Article

If you are facing a performance issue, recommend you to have the power adapter connected to your computer while using programs that might require more GPU usage. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU for the reply.

i am currenctly running Windows 10

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please click here for the drivers page of your computer. 

There are no drivers for Windows 10 from HP for your computer. 

In such cases, you will have to rely on HPSA or Windows updates or download the driver directly from AMD website and hope it works. 

There are tested drivers for your computer only for Windows 7 and 8. 

If the drivers from AMD website is not responding to Catalyst Control Center. 

However, found this Post on AMD website with some suggestions, give it a try and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.