Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

For years, I've used an external mouse.  Now, I'd like to use the clickpad on my HP Pavilion 17.  Any suggestions on tutorials/manuals other than the HP support video (that hasn't answered all my questions).  For example, how to highlight, cut, paste, copy etc. etc?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Spidey44

Welcome to our humble abode, the family and tech-friendly house of HP Forums!

I'll be your host for the day, they call me the Riddle_Decipher.

Have you checked out the HP support article that aims to answer such queries?

That said, I've listed them out for your reference:

Here are the common touchpad/clickpad gestures: Click here

• Clicking: When people say “click,” they mean “press and release the left mouse button.” Clicking has a variety of uses. You can click while in a document to move the insertion point, a little line that indicates where your next action will take place.

For example, you might click in front of a word you already typed and then type another word to appear before it in a letter. Clicking is also used in various windows to select checkboxes or radio buttons (also called option buttons) to turn features on or off, or to select objects such as a picture or table in your document. You can also double-click to open objects for editing or to quickly select whole words.

• Right-clicking: If you click the right touchpad button, Windows displays a shortcut menu that is specific to the item you clicked. For example, if you right-click a picture, the menu that appears gives you options for working with the picture. If you right-click the Windows desktop, the menu that appears lets you choose commands that display a different view or change desktop properties.

• Clicking and dragging: To click and drag, you press and continue to hold down the left mouse button and then move (drag) the mouse to another location. For example, you can press the left touchpad button (keeping it held down) and drag your finger on a touchpad up, down, right, or left to highlight the contents of your document.

This highlighted text is selected, meaning that any action you perform, such as pressing the Delete key on your keyboard or clicking a button for Bold formatting, is performed on the selected text.

• Scrolling: Many touchpads and wireless mouse models have a way to scroll through a document or Web site on your screen. Just roll the wheel on a mouse down to move through pages going forward or scroll up to move backward in your document. With a touchpad, there is often an area marked on the right or left where you can run your finger up or down to scroll through a document.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Spidey44

Welcome to our humble abode, the family and tech-friendly house of HP Forums!

I'll be your host for the day, they call me the Riddle_Decipher.

Have you checked out the HP support article that aims to answer such queries?

That said, I've listed them out for your reference:

Here are the common touchpad/clickpad gestures: Click here

• Clicking: When people say “click,” they mean “press and release the left mouse button.” Clicking has a variety of uses. You can click while in a document to move the insertion point, a little line that indicates where your next action will take place.

For example, you might click in front of a word you already typed and then type another word to appear before it in a letter. Clicking is also used in various windows to select checkboxes or radio buttons (also called option buttons) to turn features on or off, or to select objects such as a picture or table in your document. You can also double-click to open objects for editing or to quickly select whole words.

• Right-clicking: If you click the right touchpad button, Windows displays a shortcut menu that is specific to the item you clicked. For example, if you right-click a picture, the menu that appears gives you options for working with the picture. If you right-click the Windows desktop, the menu that appears lets you choose commands that display a different view or change desktop properties.

• Clicking and dragging: To click and drag, you press and continue to hold down the left mouse button and then move (drag) the mouse to another location. For example, you can press the left touchpad button (keeping it held down) and drag your finger on a touchpad up, down, right, or left to highlight the contents of your document.

This highlighted text is selected, meaning that any action you perform, such as pressing the Delete key on your keyboard or clicking a button for Bold formatting, is performed on the selected text.

• Scrolling: Many touchpads and wireless mouse models have a way to scroll through a document or Web site on your screen. Just roll the wheel on a mouse down to move through pages going forward or scroll up to move backward in your document. With a touchpad, there is often an area marked on the right or left where you can run your finger up or down to scroll through a document.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.