Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 3000 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new laptop yesterday and after installing updates the clickpad appears "stuck" down,this is a software issue as I have done a component test, I have tried using another users account on windows to no avail. Not impressed considering its a day old.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have resolved the issue,  HP and Synaptics dont make it clear the driver actually required is now on the Windows Store not the one available on the HP nor Synaptics website. It appears identical in terms of names and driver codes but is the difference between a working and non-working trackpad, it would be helpful if this was clearer on the HP website or even the HP support program 🙂

Can be found here! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I've seen mentions of someone who found a setting resolution https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchpad-STUCK-in-a-click-like-it-s-b...

But I can't seem to find the Tap again and hold to drag setting they mention.

HP Recommended

@Dan1891

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have resolved the issue,  HP and Synaptics dont make it clear the driver actually required is now on the Windows Store not the one available on the HP nor Synaptics website. It appears identical in terms of names and driver codes but is the difference between a working and non-working trackpad, it would be helpful if this was clearer on the HP website or even the HP support program 🙂

Can be found here! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.