Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have Samsung Smart TV ES5500K
The Laptop PC HP ProBook 6570b, Windows 7 Pro, x64

And fully working cinematic HDMI Cable plus DP to HDMI Adapter (Brand new).

I also upgraded all required drivers and software, even including BIOS.

The problem is very unusual.  After I plug in every thing, the PC seems to see the TV but it is not recognizing it, after I set extend screen I can go to the next screen but my TV display shows error to check the cables, etc.   I can not see anything on the TV display.  The other strange thing is that in Windows settings resolution for TV is setted to 640 x 480 and there is no way to change it. 
Untitled.png

PS. I also pluged in VGA cabel to the HP laptop and LG Screen, and there is no problem.

I tested the TV and HDMI cabel with different Notebook (Asus Series X553M, Widnows 10, x64), and there is no problem with display.

I was considering buying a VGA to HDMI but only as last way of getting that TV working.

I have no clue what can be wrong.

Please, help my.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This support is the most useless...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This support is the most useless...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.