Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Customer Support / HP Community.  I have a January 2020 Manufactured HP ENVY x360 PC purchased form Computer Micro Centers (Yonkers NY).  The warranty period is over - that's another story for later...  I now have the right Hinge Broken problem that many have setforth here Plus the Monitor screen is Detaching from the PC as I attempt to close it.  I'm not trying to Flip it into Notepad mode, that would probably finish it entirely.  Whatta Piece of ***bleep*** !!!  I purchased this particular PC in a scramble in the waning moments having to have a Laptop at Home for working at Home.  Purchased in on March 17, 2020.  It has NEVER been used in Note pad mode, never been dropped or other wise abused in any manner....  

Moreover, per my above reference, after purchasing the PC form a quality Computer Store (MIcro Computer Centers), in Yonkers NY , I called HP to register it.  The rep told me that 1 year Warranty takes affect form the date of Manufacture , NOT the date of Purchase.  I pretested profusely, to no avail...."That's The HP policy"  as I was told. I was incredulous at the statement; when you buy new ANYTHING - cars, appliances, etc., and file the Warranty, it is ALWAYS form the date of Purchase?  It's no matter because even if I had the HP warranty it expired in March 2021.  So now I am victim of Functional Obsolesce.  I have owned with this PC , 4 HP PC products, and except for poor;y designed and functioning cooling fans on the Pavillon models, never had a problem close to this.  I WON"T BUY HP AGAIN !!!  It will cost me half , if not more to fix this    thing, NO Way.  HP, Please make Good here , keep your customers .  Aldo M. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Croatianman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

HP Recommended

I have the same situation! And I just purchased mine about 37 days ago. This is terrible

HP Recommended

WOW, I presume your referral is to a new 2021 HP ENVY Model?  What is Wrong with HP, sending out known defective products.  I was able to file and collect the repair costs with American Express Assurance Co.  I charged my purchase in March 2020 on my Gold AMEX card.  AMEX doubles the new product Warranty.  I realized that as I was posting on the HP Community here.  I filed the estimate to repair the PC issued by UbreakIfix , located in Scarsdale NY.  They are a national firm that is authorized to do HP repairs.  I brought mine in this past week.  It needs a new Top Screen with new hinges.  Yours should be covered by the warranty form HP.  BUT, now having learned of this form you, it gives me pause that I should have Pocketed the $$$$ form AMEX and purchased a ACER or Lenovo Laptop.  Mine was out of HP Warranty which was over in March 2021.  The other factor is I did not ever use it in Note Book mode.  I only would close the cover after each use each day.  Thus I never folded the PC into its 360 degree position which it is Designed to Do !!  And it was never abused or was dropped.  As I said in my original post:  Shame on HP, and I will never buy HP again.  I'm moving on.

HP Recommended

That is great you were able to collect something back! Indeed. It is the 2021 model. 

It is my first HP, previously I owned Apple. I bought it because of the functionality and oh boy do I regret it. I am outside of the US and their customer support is almost nonexistent. 

I really hope it continues to work for you. And for anyone considering HP, stay away! 

HP Recommended

A little feedback after filing report with HP.. THEY determined this is not covered in their warranty. Apparently this happen when you use the computer. So I am left out of $1000  and a defective equipment HP would not be responsible for defective factory issues. STAY AWAY from HP. It does not matter how good it looks. Stay with a reliable equipment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.