Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-eg0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased this laptop that has a wide angle camera. When I am on video calls using either Google hangout or Zoom, the camera is wide angle and it is extremely awkward. I adjusted the resolution in the camera settings but that doesn't impact any of the video conferencing services. Also, the zoom setting does not exist in my camera settings. I am trying to figure out a way to make this so my camera is zoomed in on these meetings. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@juisman

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Click Settings for the following window to be displayed.

Use the above camera settings to perform the following adjustments:

• Image Size: Use the drop-down menu and select the photo size for each photo taken with HP Camera.

• Video Quality: Use the drop-down menu and select the video quality for each video taken with HP Camera.

• Self-timer: Tap " - " or " + " to select the number of seconds to delay before starting to take a photo.

• Recording Time: Tap " - " or " + " to select a period of time. The video recording stops automatically when it reaches the selected time.

• Select No limit to stop recording manually.

• Hard Disk: Displays the free space of your hard disk.

• Estimated Recording Time: Displays the estimated recording time according to your hard disk space.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I appreciate the answer here but I do not know how t get to the settings you are referring to. When I go to camera settings I don't see that screen at all. Can you provide the steps to get to the settings in your screenshot? 

HP Recommended

@juisman

Thank you for posting back. 

To make things better and easy I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and help you out with the camera settings. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am confused. Why can't you direct me to those settings? When I go to the camera settings I don't see any of that. Is there a different settings I need to go to? I really don't have time to sit on the phone trying to reach someone in support. 

HP Recommended

@juisman

Thank you for posting back. 

Try this article: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151 Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎 By end of the article you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.