Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
14s-fq0510sa laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1) My HP monitor is not detected by the HP 14s when I connect it via a hub, USBC>Hub>HDMI>HP Monitor. I have a second HP 14s the monitor is not detected via the hub on that either, so same symptoms. The remote keyboard and mouse connected via the hub work just fine on both laptops.

2) The hub does not power the laptop, this symptom is the same on both laptops 

I have a third laptop from Huawei laptop when the hub is connected, the laptop is charged, the monitor connected to the hub/hdmi cabl e is detected by the laptop and the remote keyboard/mouse are connected.

Please can you confirm:

Whether the USB-C supports DisplayPort Alternative Mode as well as laptop charging.

Many thanks.

Is 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cooltone 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c06707814

It ONLY has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Cooltone 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c06707814

It ONLY has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Many thanks Banhien you answered my question.

For the record, I am disappointed with the HP USB-C services implementation on this laptop. It is now clear that all USB-C implementations are not the same (speed and services) and the specification does not make this clear for users.

The use of a hub to act as a simple docking station through one USB-C connector is a useful, practical and feasible application, so the omission of DP Alt Mode and Charging is an annoying surprise. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.