Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w1907 19 inch LCD Monitor

Greetings. Can i install an HP W1907 monitor utilizing an HP laptop that is running on Windows 10? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to.

Doesn't W10 automatically install a driver for it?

If not, you can manually install the W1907 monitor Vista driver, I have zipped up and attached below.

To manually install the driver, download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.

Have the monitor connected to your notebook.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the monitors device manager category.

Click on the Generic PnP monitor that is your HP W1907 because your device manager may show two Generic PnP monitors--the one you connected and your notebook's display.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

If you are unsure as to which PnP monitor is the HP W1907, it would be one of these two hardware ID's.

MONITOR\HWP26A2

MONITOR\HWP26A3

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device:

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to.

Doesn't W10 automatically install a driver for it?

If not, you can manually install the W1907 monitor Vista driver, I have zipped up and attached below.

To manually install the driver, download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.

Have the monitor connected to your notebook.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the monitors device manager category.

Click on the Generic PnP monitor that is your HP W1907 because your device manager may show two Generic PnP monitors--the one you connected and your notebook's display.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

If you are unsure as to which PnP monitor is the HP W1907, it would be one of these two hardware ID's.

MONITOR\HWP26A2

MONITOR\HWP26A3

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device:

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help Paul. Appreciate the step by step guidance. 👍

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.