Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EnvyX360 Convertible 15-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using Edge or an edge based window like the settings screen, the windows will use the full available resolution.

This happens in full and in sizeable screen mode,

Edge is not using  the screen part in the right and bottom!Edge is not using the screen part in the right and bottom!

The same URL will render "normal" when I use Chrome instead of Edge.

Also when I click on the "Message Center icon" on the taskbar, it will popup partly out of screen, so you can not read it right.

Wrong scaled Message Center and Wifi  selection Wwndow.Wrong scaled Message Center and Wifi selection Wwndow.

Also when I click on the Wifi connection icon on the taskbar, the  Wifi partly also of screen and not connected to the taskbar as ussualy (floating).

The scaling problem can also be seen when using Calculator and with the settngs Window.

Settings Window Windows 10.Settings Window Windows 10.

I have reinstalled my Windows Home 10 x64 from scratch with Windows 10 1909. Installed the HP Support Asisstent (HSA) and the  drivers recommended within the HSA. Furthermore I have installed all Windows 10 updates to date.

Does any one know a fix for this problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SonTec Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issue edge scaling issue after reinstalling the windows 10.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let me know how you reinstall the operating system.

Please try the below steps and let us know.

To reinstall all the Windows 10 built-in apps which you uninstalled over time, all you have to do is run a specific command. Type or copy-paste the following command inside your PowerShell window:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

After you have entered the above command in Powershell, press Enter.

If the issue still persists, you have to perform the system restore.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, I did not use your solution (yet) because I wanted to know more about these Powershell command.

During my search I discovered that putting the scale at 100% "fixed" the scaling issue, although 125% was recommended.

Mouse right click on the desktop and choose Display Settings to the "Display" Settings.

Because my icons where to small I decided to play with the scaling by going to the "Advanced scaling settings" and adding several custom scaling sizes. (you have to logoff and logon for every change).

Changing the custom scaling some solved the problem and eventually I custom scaled to 125% without the issue reappearing.

Afterwards I removed the 125% custom scaling and set the standard display scaling back at the recommended 125% and the issues did not came back.

I have tried to repodruce the issue again after the above setiing changes, but I was not able to.

So for now I am happy this issue is gone and I hope it won't re-appear.

HP Recommended

@SonTec

Thank you for the update.

In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us.

We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.