Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
850 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

looking for recommendations for a dock to allow 2 separate 4k screens to run from my EliteBook 850 G6 .

the USBC is in use atm to charge the laptop, would the hp slimline dock be the answer or an alternative product

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tony_p1 

Please review the following list and compare pro/con few options before make final decision.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

I think the first one (USB-C G5) is the right one for you. I do not have 4K monitors to test (and not willing to buy one now, will buy from time to time when my current monitors break, I've got 5 FHD monitors now).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

not sure that 850 G6 supports 2 x 4K at 60 Hz , using USB-C Dock G5. they might work at 4K 30HZ

I have 850 G6, USB-C Dock G5 2 x 4K display, so I can try it if you need

bye

HP Recommended

Hello

I tried and I confirm that , changing BIOS setting , you may get 2x 4K x 30 Hz.

if you wanto 2 x 4K at 60 Hz , you have to prefer Thunderbolt Dock G2 or Universal Dock G2. bess is the thunderbolt Dock G2.

then with TB Dock G2, one display have to be connected to the USB-C connector , the second display on one of the two displayPort Connector.

so you may need an USB-C to DP or to-HDMI adapter.

In case of Universal Dock G2, the docking supports 2x 4K @60 Hz , via the two DP ports , but it uses the display Link technology, so video signals are incapsulated via USB protocol. this is way TB Dock G2 is better.

you can read the QS of 850 G6 https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c06308184.pdf

at pag 6 there is a table but DOc kG5 is not there. there is G4 and the supported resolutions are the almost the same.

bye

HP Recommended

I'm currently on a budget so for now have managed to grab a 2013 slimline base station until I have funds for the upgrade but I can not find the out spec for dual displays when connected to both the displayport outputs.

Anyone advise what to expect, would a upgrade to a type c be worth the extra.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.