Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

TB, I've called HP Support to log a case ID, as the forum isn't working. They need data to quantify the problem. Posting in the community isn't getting anywhere. I've told them I've tried the Thunderbolt ($400+ product) and am now on the USB-C G5, and it's the same issue. their entire product line is faulty, and I think they're not taking it seriously because we're all living with this. If you can log a ticket, I'd really appreciate it; maybe we'll get a resolution with the next-generation product.

Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

PD2, did you log a ticket? I did this morning, as they don't have product defect data to support our community. If you're able to **bleep** to get their attention, I'd really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Hi Jax38,
If this forum doesn't work, what is the HP expectation of it?
Do you have any reference for your case ID or tell me where to raise an additional ticket?
I still am facing the issue, from my perspective it gets more worse every day (currently minimum 5 times a day). 

Greetings

HP Recommended

I have a case ID but I'm not sure if I'm able to publicly post - I called their HP Support Line - 1‑877‑231‑4351.

You need to ask them to transfer you to the Enterprise or Commercial Docking Stating Support team.  

HP Recommended

I agree with the crowd that we all likely need to start opening tickets to get the attention of HP - otherwise we just have to live with the problem which sucks.

HP Recommended

All, I apparently have to agree with that.

But I also have to agree with resp. have the same question as TB_26: what do they supply us this forum for, if the information contained therein is not received by HP in any way, shape or form?
Is this forum not moderated then? So can we just write as we want and go totally berserk?   ☠️
Or, if this IS a moderated forum, what then is the use of the moderator, if he doesn't (or is not allowed to(?)) report issues to HP for consideration? Is his only job to keep the language decent? Content-wise it's all for the guy with the short name? 🕳

Anyway, I will also try to raise a ticket. However, I live in Europe (Germany), so it doesn't make much sense, to raise a ticket with a support team here, I suppose. That would just result in tickets being scattered around the world, and HP happily ignoring the issues, because every support team only sees a few instances of the issue.

I'll see, what I can do.

Again, what a bummer ... 💩

P.S.: how is it, that they are not aware of these issues? Do they not use their own products? Because, if they would, you know ...

HP Recommended

Adding my own experience. We use HP laptops and docks at work. My laptop works fine with my G2 dock at work, with two monitors connected by display port. At home I use a G4 dock with two monitors connected by display port and experience the same thing as others. Upon initial startup, all the monitors, including the laptop, flash on and off. I can usually get it to log in after a couple of minutes and then once it's logged in, it's fine. If it goes in to hibernation/sleep mode, then I'm right back where I started with the on/off thing. I've tried two different G4 docks with the same result and updated the firmware in both.

HP Recommended

If you haven't logged a ticket with HP, can I ask you to, as they need more data to quantify the problem? It's a faulty product. I've contacted them, but their Product support team has been unable to triage the problem. I also think their non-functional testing was to plug it in and not use it as truly intended in a professional daily setting. It's interesting how it works fine for you at work, but for home use purposes, it doesn't. 

HP Recommended

Let us know how it goes, I am out of luck since my Thunderbolt 280W G4 is out of warranty, I am hoping there is a firmware fix for this, it only happens on my biggest monitor and I have not tried swapping it out but  my other two monitors are display port.  

Keep us posted and keep up the good fight!

HP Recommended

Hi all, HP has not replied to me after logging the ticket. My next step is to comment on YouTube videos that give the product a good rating and to do a product review on the HP site. I will reference this community. The only way they will take us seriously is when sales are impacted. I honestly do not want to buy new monitors and spend more money. This hub is like an automobile product recall! It's defective.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.