Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, try to disable all the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework software, I found what you found in a Reddit forum. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/7byhjq/disabling_intel_dptf_for_good/) Apparently this tool is what limits the energy of the components while they are loaded.

HP Recommended

Hi

I hope your problem is solved already.

I encountered the problem lately as well and tried all the advice to update, increase the performance and so on. 

// didn't work at all //

However, what I later found is that the FPS drop issue while plugged in actually appears after activating Nvidia Whisper mode that is provided to run the laptop quieter. It also decreases the FPS to keep the fans quiet.

So you need to customize the program settings under the Nvidia control panel to increase the FPS limit set by whisper mode.

Doing so solved my FPS drop problem while the laptop is charging.

You can follow this guide to fix the FPS drop problem (plugged in) where everything is well explained.

Hope that works 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.