Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook

Flickering line at the extreme bottom of my laptop screen. 

This happens when my laptop off suddenly due to my battery drains. After connecting charger, when i start my pc i saw this flickering line. I shutdown and remove my power adapter and then i removed my battery and then wait for some time and then i restart my pc. when starting it didnt came, i think it was gone, after some time the flickering line appears. I restart again then at the time of starting also it appears. It was flickering like a dotted line very visible while playing movies. 

file.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Arun48

Please check in the BIOS if you see those flickering lines

Shut down the Notebook and upon restarting keep tapping on F10

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I updated BIOS recently. but nothing is gone. Most of the times while starting the system the flickering line is not coming. It visible after 5 minutes of starting.

HP Recommended

@Arun48

Are those lines visible in BIOS?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

For the first start it was not visible, that means it is not visible for long time after start. It is visible after continuous start, that means it is visible while using the system for 15 minutes and then restart. The flickering line is at the extreme bottom of the screen and it is not at the window of BIOS(Extreme bottom the screen).

HP Recommended

@Arun48

Please run an Extensive System Test and let me know if you see those lines

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Run the system extensive test for about 7 hours, but no error displayed. everything is perfect. Is the flickering line have any relation to Intel Graphics Driver. because My intel Graphics Driver was not opening.

HP Recommended

@Arun48

Did you see the flickering screen during the Test?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, The flickering line is visible during test.

HP Recommended

@Arun48

If the flickering is present during the Test this is a Hardware issue

Please contact HP Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.