Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP U28 4K HDR Monitor
Other

Hi!
A few days ago, I bought HP U28 4k HDR Monitor. I hooked it up to the Mac Mini M1. But I am having a flickering problem on the screen. There are tremors approximately a few times a minute. Like the glitch effect. I tried it with both HDMI and USB-C, the result is the same. This is very frustrating. Does anyone know why it can arise? I will return if there is no solution.
Sorry about my bad English.
Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with MB Pro 13 i5 2019. Sorry for your problems but good to hear it's not just me.

HP - how to fix this?

HP Recommended

The same happens to me. Already tried: Different MacBooks (M1, Macbook Pro i7, MacBook i5). Connected by USB-C , also tried in every combination with HDMI cable. 
Even with a connected iPad this affects happened.

So i have called HP support, make some photos and so on, Hardware Reset etc.
But now: They want that i connect a "Windows" Machine. This couldn't be!
Maybe some colleague from HP can comment it:
HP U28 is not compatible with Mac's ? Could it be? Or does you don't want to support Mac's? Or why i should connect a windows pc, so if it is not compatible with a Mac, please said it directly and even on the product page.

HP Recommended

I can cofirm they told me the same at HP support. Ridiculous! They told me this device officially doesn't support Mac and I should buy PC to use this. 

HP Recommended

I have an M1 Macbook Pro and have a similar issue. However, my monitor does this on Windows and while playing PS5 as well.

Check out the video below...is this what everyone is experiencing? 

HP Recommended

Yes, that‘s seems like the issue I had. I have send the monitor back and purchased a new one. 
the new one doesn’t have this issue. So it seems, that HP U28 works with Mac hardware. In your case, i would also send it back or try to open a Support case 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response and for confirming Unge. Just out of curiosity how long was it for you to resolve the issue? I have tried the LG850 monitor but the HDR was not as good as this monitor. I do like this monitor more so than the others. However, I'm wondering if I should work with HP or just return it and purchase a Asus Proart series. Thanks 

HP Recommended

Per HP support case, unfortunately nothing had happened (would have needed a Windows PC first...), so I sent it back to the dealer and then ordered a new one again, this one works fine so far.

The monitor is definitely nice, previously I had an LG Ultrafine 4K , which had to give way because of the size. This one felt a tad better (but that's rather complaining on a high level).

HP Recommended

I'm working with HP, this was a mistake. I was on call for I wish I was joking 5 hrs. Troubleshooting something that was confirmed to be broken. Now, it has been 4 days since the CSO has been created and they have not even shipped the return box.  I should have gone the same route as you return and replace. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.