Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ghost bubbles jumping up and down on the touchscreen accompanied by loss of pointer control.

This issue is well known a well-known conflict with HP touch screens and Windows 10  and I have tried several solutions found online, however the only way I have been able to keep the computer working is by disabling the touch screen.

Has anyone had success resolving this problem without abandoning the touch screen completely?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MTB4 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Ghost bubbles jumping up and down on your touchscreen.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Method 1- Check the Hardware

Try to wipe the screen of your touch screen laptop. Check all the connected hardware devices and then remove and plugin again.

Method 2- Modify Related Settings

Step 1: Open Control Panel > Hardware and sound.

Step 2: Choose to Calibrate the screen >  Calibrate.

Step 3: Reset.

Once it is done check if the screen is working as usual or not.

Method 3- Disable the Hid-compliant Touch Screen

Step 1: Open Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > expand it.

Step 2: Right-click on the HID-compliant Touch Screen > Disable option.

Step 3: Re-enable.

Now reboot PC.

Method 4- Use Windows Troubleshoot

Step 1: Open the Control Panel  Troubleshooting.

Step 2: Click Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.

Step 3: Click Next.

If the issue still persists, just to clarify, did you check if the issue persists in BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer) or if you have issues with the keyboard or unable to reach the BIOS: 

I recommend running a hardware test on the touchscreen to be sure since it isn't working in the BIOS, please use the below steps to perform the test: 

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer. 

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key. 

On the main menu, click Component Tests. 

The Component Tests menu displays. 

Touch Screen Test - Quick interactive test to determine if the touch screen is functioning correctly. (This test is currently not available in the Windows version of the hardware diagnostics.) 
To run the test, click Touch Screen, and then click Run once. 

If the test fails, please capture the 24 character failure ID and revert with the details.  

If it works on bios and the above tests pass, try checking if it works in safe mode

Also, reinstall the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS,  

if the issue persists,  you could reinstall the windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue. 

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.