Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The output via HDMI is upside down (i.e. flipped).

What I've tried to fix it:

I've tried changing the settings so that the second monitor extends the first, duplicates it, or is the only one - and nothing fixes it.

I've  changed the display orientation - I've tried it in "Landscape", "Landscape (Flipped)" and in both portrait modes - and it stays upside down (it doesn't even become portrait when I tried portrait)

I've tried folding the screen back on itself, turning the laptop upside down, etc. - it rearranges the windows as though it's about to change orientation, then reverts to how it was before.

I've tried CTRL+ALT+up, CTRL+ALT+DOWN, etc. - these had no effect at all.

I've tried rotation lock (it's greyed out and locked at "on")

The TV I'm using as output appears to have no settings for changing the orientation of inputs, so this doesn't appear to be a problem at that end.

I'd be grateful for any help - I'm at my wits' end.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AM-2Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If, as you mention, these artifacts do not show on an external monitor, then the problem is the laptop screen, not the video chip.  Because if it was the chip, these artifacts would show on the monitor as well. Please follow the document.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01676226

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.