Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have a HP 250 G6 running windows 10. The HDMI output has stopped working. It was working fine but it appears to have stopped since the display driver was updated. I have tried everything I can but cannot get it to work all I get on the TV is "Unsupported signal. Check your device output"

I have tried reinstalling the display driver, I know the HDMI cable is OK as it works fine with another computer.

If it is a driver issue which driver/drivers should I install?

Simon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes I suspect you had several versions of the driver in the system folder and the older ones kept popping up. To do it right I probably should have had you run some kind of video driver cleaner. Oh well all is well that ends well and I am pleased to hear you are working right. 

You may want to consider assigning a "Solution" so others with this problem can get to this thread easier from the internet and see that it helps to install the latest driver from the Intel site. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

HP 250 G6 has several possible video configurations. Can we have the Product Number to figure out exactly what video hardware you have or perhaps you know the video hardware specs?

HP Recommended

Hi,   Here's the output from my laptop hope this helps.

OS Name	Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version	10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description 	Not Available
OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
System Name	LAPTOP-IP2RDQI5
System Manufacturer	HP
System Model	HP 250 G6 Notebook PC
System Type	x64-based PC
System SKU	1WY37EA#ABU
Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date	Insyde F.24, 25/09/2017
SMBIOS Version	3.0
Embedded Controller Version	23.40
BIOS Mode	UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer	HP
BaseBoard Model	Not Available
BaseBoard Name	Base Board
Platform Role	Mobile
Secure Boot State	On
PCR7 Configuration	Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory	C:\WINDOWS
System Directory	C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device	\Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale	United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer	Version = "10.0.16299.15"
Username	LAPTOP-IP2RDQI5\simon
Time Zone	GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory	7.92 GB
Available Physical Memory	4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory	9.79 GB
Available Virtual Memory	6.02 GB
Page File Space	1.88 GB
Page File	C:\pagefile.sys
Virtualisation-based security	Not enabled
Device Encryption Support	Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions	Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions	Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware	No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection	Yes

Name    Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
PNP Device ID    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_832A103C&REV_02\3&11583659&1&10
Adapter Type    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description    Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Adapter RAM    1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\4749_ihg.inf_amd64_cf10a4d2d29dccfa\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\4749_ihg.inf_amd64_cf10a4d2d29dccfa\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\4749_ihg.inf_amd64_cf10a4d2d29dccfa\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\4749_ihg.inf_amd64_cf10a4d2d29dccfa\igd12umd64.dll
Driver Version    22.20.16.4749
INF File    oem0.inf (iKBLD_w10_DS section)
Colour Planes    Not Available
Colour Table Entries    4294967296
Resolution    1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel    32
Memory Address    0xB0000000-0xB0FFFFFF
Memory Address    0xA0000000-0xAFFFFFFF
I/O Port    0x00004000-0x0000403F
IRQ Channel    IRQ 4294967292
Driver    c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\4749_ihg.inf_amd64_cf10a4d2d29dccfa\igdkmd64.sys (22.20.16.4749, 12.24 MB (12,834,920 bytes), 12/10/2017 14:53)

HP Recommended

You have Intel HD 620 graphics. This is the latest driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47-?pr...

Download this to somewhere you can find it. Go into device manager and find the display adapter Intel HD 620 and right click on it...uninstall and click the box that says delete driver. Do it. Reboot. Screen will likely come up all wonky looking. Now run the driver linked above. Reboot again. 

If this does not help there is something more sinister going on. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, yes that has worked. Not quite in the way you described.

I tried uninstalling the device and driver and rebooting but the driver just came back on reboot

Next I tried removing the device and the driver then running the downloaded driver without rebooting. That failed as the driver failed to install saying my laptop did not meet the requirments of the software.

Thirdly I did not remove the driver and just ran the downloaded driver. This time it installed and then requested a reboot and it started working fine.

The HDMI is now displaying to my TV correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.

HP Recommended

Just as a note the drivers I was trying to install I downloaded from the HP website and they did not appear to help.

HP Recommended

Yes I suspect you had several versions of the driver in the system folder and the older ones kept popping up. To do it right I probably should have had you run some kind of video driver cleaner. Oh well all is well that ends well and I am pleased to hear you are working right. 

You may want to consider assigning a "Solution" so others with this problem can get to this thread easier from the internet and see that it helps to install the latest driver from the Intel site. 

HP Recommended

I had a similar problem and I'm adding info in case it's useful to anyone else.  I had a similar problem to the one in the original post.  My laptop had previously connected just fine to the TV but then it stopped working.  I could still transmit audio, but there was no picture, and the TV said "Unsupported Signal".  

Online, many people say this is caused by not having the laptop outputting the right display resolution, but that was not my problem.  Instead I tried something like Huffer's solution, but with a few changes.  First, I didn't use the Intel link that he posted.  (When I did that and tried to run the drivers, I would get an error message saying they weren't validated for my computer.)  Instead I looked up my model on the HP support site, then manually downloaded the graphics driver, bypassing any help from the built-in HP Support Assistant.  Then I ran the driver installation.  I got a message warning me that this driver was older than the one I was running, but I over-wrote the current driver with the old one.  After that the laptop transmitted to the TV just fine.

One last thing: I worked on this problem with HP phone support before finding this solution.  They wanted me to wipe my whole hard drive and reinstall windows, which might have worked, but it's worth knowing that there is a solution which doesn't require that you wipe your hard drive.

HP Recommended

This problem is very common  on HP Pavillion Laptops. I have had the very same problem which was terrible for me as I am DJ & VJ  (Video DJ) . I bought this HP i5 laptop as I though it would be more than capable of handling the MP3 and video mixing. I was quite happy with the laptop until one day I had a WIndows update and the HDMI output stopped wotking  I contacted HP and they daid the problem was nothing to do with themand that I needed to contact Mocrosoft about it as it was their update which caused the problem. I contacted Microsoft and they told me that It was a problem with HP as the update had not effected other brands and their HDMI outputs were still working. So nobody would accept resposibilty for my laptop becoming useless to DJ/VJ with   as the HDMi ports were discoonected. 

After a few weeks of trying various unsuccesful fixes that had been posted on-line I decided to pay a professional repair shop to repair the HDMI outputs. This cost me £50 and he then infromed me that hw had tried abolutely everything but he could get the HDMi's to work again.

What the point of paying £500 for a top spec laptop only to discover the only way you can get a projector to work with your laptop is by using prehistoric VGA leads.

This problem was about three years back and none of the susequent updaes have rectified the probelm and the HDMI output still doesnt work.

I have always bought HP laptops and I had a quad core prior to the I5 but I have now had to replace the HP i5 with an Asus.

The Asus is very reliable and their HDMI outouts have never let me down.

I can't stress how  frustrating this whole thing has been.

I an quite suprsied to see that even three years later the same thing is still hapening to HP customers. 

I am  sorry but I honestly don't think you wil be able to get the HDMI ports working again.

Anthony

HP Recommended

hi, I can't find proper drivers for HP 250 G7.

***edited   Product number: 6MQ26EA#ACB   Windows 10 version 10.0.10240
I've tried all from https://support.hp.com/ua-ru/drivers/selfservice/hp-250-g7-notebook-pc/24381316/model/24381320?sku=6...  but none of these ones works for me.

Help me please find the proper driver for my NVIDIA (GeForce MX110?)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.