Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have two HP laptops. HP 14-dy2095cl vs 15-eg2053cl. Both brand new. Both with USB-C ports showing identical spec:
    SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge).

I bought on Amazon a "Docking Station Dual Monitor, 9-in-1 Triple Display USB C to Dual HDMI Adapter with DisplayPort, 87...

The displayport and HDMI output works fine using a USB-C multi-port docking station connected to the HP 14-dy2095cl .

None of the video outputs work on the same docking station when it is connected to the HP 15-eg2053cl.

This makes no sense to me unless something needs to be enabled in the BIOS. However, the HP 14-dy2095cl worked fine straight out of the box.

The manufacturer of the docking station confirmed that it should work with both of these models of HP laptops.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @tomshubert 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing connection-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please update all the drivers of your system and check if the issue persists. Here is a link that will help: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2857204-2362249-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Sorry. I thought I explained that these two computers were BOTH brand new and fresh out of the box. But, in addition, both had all of their HP drivers and BIOS brought up to date. No additional special software was installed on either.

On the off chance that there is something going on with the dock, I have a new one coming today which I will test just to rule that out completely.

If that does not work then should I assume the15-eg2053cl is defective?

HP Recommended

I received the replacement dock and the 15-eg2053cl laptop still does NOT work with it, while the 14-dy2095cl laptop DOES.

Clearly there is a problem with this 15-eg2053cl laptop. Again, my question is whether or not there is a BIOS setting in which the DP option aspect of the USB-C port can be enabled and disabled?

HP Recommended

I AM MOST DISAPPOINTED BY THE SUPPORT FROM HP!!
MAYBE I SHOULD RETURN MY COMPUTERS AND NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO MY CLIENTS???

I bought another 15-eg2053cl just to see if the issue was the one laptop I had. The dock also does NOT work on the newest laptop. So the issue is clearly with the laptop design since it works fine with the 14-dy2095cl laptops.

I also went into BIOS settings and enabled the High Res setting for the USB but that did nothing.

What is going on here? HOW ABOUT SOME INTEREST IN SUPPORTING YOUR CUSTOMER HP???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.