Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used this PC for almost two years, half the time with a 2nd screen.
Last night I used it without a monitor, without problems and put it to sleep.
This morning I connected the PC to a monitor and turn it on.
It only worked the second monitor but not the Notebook's screen.

Turn it off and on a couple of times. The screen shows the HP logo (so it works, it`s not a broken cable) but then only the second screen (LG Monitor) keeps on. The onboard screen turns black, as when you choose "only second screen".
I go to settings/multiple screens and only shows one. I click on DETECT and nothing.

Only shows the monitor.

I tried the Intel Graphics Configuration and the same problem (My windows is in Spanish).
Hope someone can give me a hint on how to solve this problem.
Thanks, greetings from Argentina

UPDATE:  Solved (for now).
I turn it off, disconnected everything (Monitor, USB Hub with keyboard and mouse, wireless mouse adaptor, power cable) and turned it on again, no luck. Only black screen.
With the computer on, I closed the computer (put down the screen). When I opened again the laptop, the screen turned on!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@enrique_AR

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try to  disable automatic Sleep:

1. Open up Power Options in the Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can get there from right-clicking on the start menu and going to Power Options.
  2. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan.
  3. Change "Put the computer to sleep" to never.
  4. Click "Save Changes"

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.