2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 840 G5 lower brightness on some laptops compared to others

Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I have attached a photo of 2 x 840 G5s placed next to each other. As you can see, the one on the right has a darker, creamy shade. I have tried uninstalling the driver and getting it from HP website, the brightness is maxed out, tried updating windows and all and yet no luck.

I have come across 20+ laptops which have the same issue. Is this something well known? The difference is really disturbing for the eyes when you need to work in front of a laptop with this issue.

Would this be a panel issue (backlight not working properly) or is it software related and I am missing something out? Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

AndyIMG_169667.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
76,626 76,046 9,321 20,139
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andre2000 

I think HP needs to work on BIOS of the Elitebook 840 G5 series. We have screen problem which I posted in IC forum. I will move it out IC sometimes next month (August) because I'm waiting more info from HP.

I tried to update to latest BIOS, latest Intel video ... but still no luck.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Andre2000 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for your reply. Are you positive this is a BIOS related issue? I need to narrow it down because what I am afraid is that soon users will start seeing the difference themselves, I have no solution and might end up raising hundreds of RMAs

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation