Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is the second HP Omen I have received, the first one was replaced due to the same issue. I've been trying to game and enjoy a laptop now for 3 years and HP continually gives the same suggested fixes that do nothing and even when wasting time on sending it in for repairs it comes back with the same issue. Constantly sometimes so many times I cant even use it, the laptop screen will freeze, go black (sometimes with some distorted coloring in some pixels) and flash back to the screen I was one. However, when playing a game like COD Warzone or fortnite it will shut down the game and go back to the desktop after coming back to the screen. I have completely reinstalled windows using their, I have downloaded the GEforce application to update all the drivers, updated the BIOS, updated all the drivers I possible could. I mean I am just so sick and tired, I cant even find a similar things online or any fixes for this. I have also noticed after the screen flickers it will stop me from adjusting the brightness and apparently turn off the backlight I think.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bolrugard Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concerns.

Please provide the product number. Also, provide the previous case number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I dont know the previous case number. The product number is "4NA35UAR#ABA". 

HP Recommended

Graphics card drivers are updated, bios updated, windows 10 has had a fresh installation yet I continue to run into the error. Usually when watching a video or playing a game the screen just flicks black has some lines of distorted pixels, come back on but everything running was forced closed/crashed. 

HP Recommended

@Bolrugard 

Thank you for the update.

Please try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

Also, please update the windows updates and check.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thats got to be the worst advice I've received. I did a fresh install of windows 10.

HP Recommended

@Bolrugard

I understand your concerns. 

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support options. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.