Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 11-n001tu x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop's touch screen doesn't work after updating my drivers to date. I opened the Tablet PC Setting, it says 'There is no pen or touch input available for this display' . (I used Shorcut to open the setting because the Tablet PC Setting disappeared in the control panel along with the functionality of the touchscreen). I tried doing a recovery but it wasn't successful to bring the touch back. 

Plus the HID-Compliant touchscreen driver is missing.

Please help me to fix this, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @BryanHech

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your Touchscreen stopped working after updating the drivers on your HP Pavilion 11-n001tu x360 Notebook PC. 

How did you update the drivers? 

Did you use Windows Update?

Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the BIOS and graphics driver?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Have you tried to Configure the touch display?

Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager?

Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen: 

• Open up the Device Manager
  • Find “Human Interface Devices”
  • Expand “Human Interface Devices”
  • Right-click on “HD-compliant touch screen.”
  • Click “Enable" (if available)
  • Restart your Notebook PC. 

If losing your Touchscreen happened after you had done a set of Windows Updates, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started. 

To use System Restore in Windows:

• Go to the Search
  • Type Control Panel
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click System Protection
  • Click System Protection Tab
  • Click System Restore
  • Click Next
  • Choose a Restore point
  • Click Next
  • A box that says "Once started, System Restore cannot be interrupted. Do you want to continue?" will pop up
  • Click Yes to Confirm

When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed.

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @BryanHech

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your Touchscreen stopped working after updating the drivers on your HP Pavilion 11-n001tu x360 Notebook PC. 

How did you update the drivers? 

Did you use Windows Update?

Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the BIOS and graphics driver?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Have you tried to Configure the touch display?

Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager?

Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen: 

• Open up the Device Manager
  • Find “Human Interface Devices”
  • Expand “Human Interface Devices”
  • Right-click on “HD-compliant touch screen.”
  • Click “Enable" (if available)
  • Restart your Notebook PC. 

If losing your Touchscreen happened after you had done a set of Windows Updates, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started. 

To use System Restore in Windows:

• Go to the Search
  • Type Control Panel
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click System Protection
  • Click System Protection Tab
  • Click System Restore
  • Click Next
  • Choose a Restore point
  • Click Next
  • A box that says "Once started, System Restore cannot be interrupted. Do you want to continue?" will pop up
  • Click Yes to Confirm

When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed.

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Check out the link below to see how I fixed my Pavilion x2 10 when the same sort of thing happened:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/SOLVED-Pavilion-x2-10-touch-screen-amp...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.