Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ap0005tu
Linux

Hello all,

I have had a HP Spectre x360 laptop
Model No: 13-ap0005tu  

LG Ultragear External Monitor (Aspect Ratio 21:9 Resolution 3440x1440) 

I run my laptop in a dual boot enviroment and have 2 issues with such enviroment.

The main issue I have is that when I am in Windows Everything works fine, I can connect the my Ultrawide display without any issues. However, when I am in a Linux Distro of any kind I can not use my Ultrawide monitor at it's Native Resolution  and I have to Use my external Monitor at a standard 1920x1080 16:9 Resolution. Whilst this may appear to be a Linux Issue, I have run the exact same setup with my Desktop PC that I built with the same external Hardware with no Issues. I have tried looking through the BIOS to see if there was some obscure setting to no avail. Is there a soltution to this issue. Or is this some arbitary hardware limitation for this laptop. 

I have tried this with several Linux Distributions all which  have the same issue listed are bellow

Ubuntu

Linux Mint

PopOS

Fedora

Manjaro

Another Issue is in the Grub Screen if I have a external keyboard plugged in to the computer it will freeze in the grub screen and I have to turn it off and then reboot with the Keyboard unplugged (not a Major Issue) 

Any information regarding either of these issues would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to solve this issue for over a year now. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @JesseNot 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.45 Rev.A12.8 MBMay 20, 2022Download

(2) Check for hardware issues

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

7.6.0.0 Rev.A42.7 MBApr 17, 2020Download

3) Reboot and test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I hadn't thought of updating the bios I thought that may fix the Grub keyboard issue to no Result. I also tried the Hardware Diagnostics and it did not find any issues unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.