Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 4105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screen of the HP Spectre x360 4105dx has so much glare and it turns grayish even on a slight tilt. This actually hampers my reading appetite. Other laptops even cheaper ones doesn't have this irritating screen.

Can you guys suggest me the solution ? Will Anti-glare screen or Anti-Reflective screen will be decent remedy or shall I return it to bestbuy ?

Thanks !!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Jagpreet1058,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the display, and wanted to assist you!

Have you tried uninstalling the Graphics Driver, and allowing the system to search for a compatible driver?  Let me know how it goes,  Also, based on the following guide, here are all the supported display assembly replacements, for your product:

HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (model numbers 13-4000 through 4099 and 13-4100 through 4199) and HP ... (Chapter 5, Page 46).

Display assembly: 13.3-in, ultra wide aspect ratio, TouchScreen (includes display panel cable, microphones, hinges, webcam, and wireless antenna cables and transceivers)

13.3-in, QHD, WLED, BrightView (2560×1440) UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (1920×1080) UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (2560×1440) UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (1920×1080) UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Jagpreet1058,

I'm curious, have you solved your problem with glare from the x360 screen?

I like the x360's design, but have held off purchasing because of the glare you mention. I wish HP would offer a factory-installed anti-reflective screen like Lenovo does with the ThinkPad X1 Yoga. There are aftermarket screens but installing them can be tricky -- would much prefer that the factory do it.

If you've found an aftermarket screen that works well for you, I'd be interested.

Thanks,

Frank

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also found the glare issue of the HP Spectre very annoying and would have returned the laptop if the Best Buy return policy allowed me to do so.

The HP Help Desk chat helped me uninstall the graphics driver and iI think it slightly reduced the glare. I suggest you to get an anti-glare matte screen protector. I personally got an It3 Anti Glare screen protector from Amazon, and the glare is almost gone. I finally enjoy my HP Spectre. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.