Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 17-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I'm having a problem with firefox and Skyrim SE and some older games. 

The problem with firefox has been since I updated to 23.20.16.4973 Intel drivers from HP Support.  Edit, The problem with firefox is it says the application is blocked from accessing the drivers.  The problem with Skyrim and other older games is that sometimes the FPS will drop for a couple seconds to unplayable levels and then it'll fix itself and it could be minutes or sometimes seconds before it happens again.  It should be noted that the fps is otherwise completely fine and the computer doesn't seem to be overheating or using much resources at all.  This doesn't happen in WOW classic which I've been playing for a couple weeks. 

I was thinking that I could update the drivers but Intel complains about the drivers not being validated for my system because HP installed the drivers and I don't know if I can install the manual drivers without it screwing up my computer. 

Let me know if you need more information I believe that the product I put in should provide you with the HP specifications for my laptop.  Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just wanted to add a few things I have since changed which gpu Firefox is using to the geforce 940mx instead of the intel driver and it doesn't seem to be having an issue with firefox being blocked from accessing the driver anymore.  Also I went and installed an enb for skyrim SE and this seems to have stopped the fps drops I'd still like to know what was causing it if anyone has any ideas.  I was thinking that the enb might provide a performance boost and stop the fps drops because it's newer than Skyrim is but no idea if this has any basis on what the problem is. 

Just a couple thoughts thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.