Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP 2S 15-dg0008nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently bought a new OMEN X by HP 2S 15-dg0008nq notebook.
It came with a Windows Home Edition with Omen Command Center app included.

I formatted and repartitioned everything  and I installed a fresh Windows 64 Pro edition on it, with all original drivers from HP website (I also have the HP Support Assistant).

Then I installed the Omen Gaming Hub app from Microsoft Store.

When I launch the Omen Gaming Hub app, it keeps loading and shows this error:

Hidden window : OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe -Application Error

Then the Omen Gaming Hub does not start, keeps loading forever....

(the same error from this user post: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows/Hidden-window-OmenCommandCenterBackground-exe-Application/m-p/... )

I tried everything from these forums and from other forums, but nothing works. I reinstalled Microsoft Store, I made a reset of Store and Omen apps, I cleared cache, I have the latest Windows updates, I have the original HP drivers for everything in my notebook, started in safe boot, nothing seems to work.

I am a developer with 20 years of experience, I'm not a newbie, but I can't figure out why this error keeps popping out.

Can you please help me with ideas? Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally, after a week of going insane with this issue, I managed to solve the Omen Gaming hub not showing (stuck at start, keept loading forever)

It seems there is a conflict between ZoneAlarm and Omen Gaming Hub, I only had to uninstall completely the ZoneAlamr firewall and Omen Gaming Hub now starts successfully.

( I had to uninstall ZoneAlarm firewall because even if I gave "allow" to all firewall permissions, it still conflicted with Omen Gaming Hub. Only a full uninstall of ZoneAlarm worked.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Today, since I had no luck starting Omen Gaming Hub again, due to the same error, I checked the Windows Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application tab and I saw this error popping out when trying to open Omen Gaming Hub:

Application: OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32, System.String)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryOptions)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String)
at HP.Omen.Background.DraxLightingBg.DraxKBLightingControl+<Initialize>d__9.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at HP.Omen.Background.DraxLightingBg.Entry+<InitializeKb>d__11.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenterBackground.App.Main()

Help 🤕

HP Recommended

Ok. So I found it.

That error disappears and OmenCommandCenter starts successfully in a Windows 10 Pro if I go to search bar -> type "Turn Windows features on or off" -> and I make the "Guarded Host" checkbox checked -> wait until the computer asks for restart -> computer restarts then here we go! -> the Omen Commande Center starts successfully.

I've checked a couple of times. It seems that in Windows 10 Pro, the Omen Command Center only starts if the "Guarded Host" feature is enabled in Windows....

But now, another problem after this:

now the internet does not work anymore (neither the ethernet, neither the WiFi -> says not connected and the troubleshooter says there is no driver for them, although those drivers are installed)

🤔😵

HP Recommended

@Ramona_Morea

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

Since both Ethernet and WIFI are not working, I suggest you perform a System Restore to an earlier time 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally, after a week of going insane with this issue, I managed to solve the Omen Gaming hub not showing (stuck at start, keept loading forever)

It seems there is a conflict between ZoneAlarm and Omen Gaming Hub, I only had to uninstall completely the ZoneAlamr firewall and Omen Gaming Hub now starts successfully.

( I had to uninstall ZoneAlarm firewall because even if I gave "allow" to all firewall permissions, it still conflicted with Omen Gaming Hub. Only a full uninstall of ZoneAlarm worked.)

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.