Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

How can I use my keyboard while in Tablet Mode on my HP Spectre x360 Convertible? I connected my laptop to a monitor, and it would be amazing if I can fold my laptop and use it as a keyboard. However, when I fold my laptop, it switches to Tablet Mode and automatically disables the keyboard.

I tried following these steps that were mentioned in an earlier thread that seemed the most successful for others: (1) Go to Device Manager, (2) System devices, (3) Intel Integrated Sensor Solution > Properties > Driver, (4) Disable Device, (5) Reboot. 

However, the "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution" option was not available for me. Is there an alternative option that I can disable?

PS: I also tried changing the Tablet Mode settings and that didn't work.

Thanks for your help 😄

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Myraz,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum,

I understand you are having issues with the HP Spectre x360 Tablet mode keyboard stops working.

This feature on Your notebook HP Spectre X360 Convertible keyboard automatically disables the need to use the touch screen for navigation for typing can be the online keyboard.  And her document to customize the settings, 

HP Notebook PCs - Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode (Windows 10)

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @praveenbv,

Thanks for your response. I tried changing the display settings to:

When I sign in -> Use desktop mode

and

When this device automatically switched tablet mode on or off -> Don’t ask me and don’t switch

However, the settings have not been applying to my laptop and when I rotate it, the laptop switches automatically to Tablet Mode.

Do you have any ideas on how I can proceed to apply these settings? (I 

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @Myraz,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.